The access permissions a user has on your website is mostly controlled by which 'user group' their user record is in.
(In addition to a primary user group, a user record may also be linked with other mailing groups. There are different instructions for adding someone to a mailing group.)
To move a member or other person into a different user group:
- having logged in to the website as an administrator, click on the "Users" tab;
- find the user record you want to move (either via the "find users" search tool, or by clicking on the name of their current user group);
- click the "edit this user's details" button for that user (the icon, on the right side the listing of users);
- select a new group from the "user group" drop-down menu (at the top of the form);
- click the "Update User" button to save the new user group setting.